Patriotic parades, spectacular fireworks displays, happy marching bands, and celebratory backyard get-togethers are all part of the celebration on July 4th. The Fourth of July is a great opportunity to get together with friends and family to enjoy a fun pool party and celebrate summer. Summer entertaining is a laid-back, informal affair, and your magnificent pool is sure to be the center of fun and games, thanks to the warm and sunny weather.
You can have a July 4th pool party that will make Lady Liberty proud with a little ahead planning and a few of these creative party ideas!
YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED!
Summer social calendars quickly fill up with planned vacations, outdoor parties, and family activities. With a pool party invitation, be sure to send folks on your guest list plenty of notice—even as much as three weeks to a month ahead of time. Send a themed physical invitation or use a free online e-vite instead. Create a Facebook event to make things even easier. In any case, make sure you offer a means for attendees to RSVP, so you can purchase food and drinks with an accurate headcount.
MAKE A SPLASH WITH A FUN POOL PARTY THEME
A celebratory tone is set by a party theme, especially if it is carried through in the décor, food, and activities.
- Three cheers for the patriotic colors of red, white, and blue! This color palette for the Fourth of July is a no-brainer. There are many options for Old Glory napkins, paper plates, and garlands. Balloon bouquets in red, white, and blue are a colorful and economical alternative for fast pleasure. Make sure you have a supply of little American flags on hand for tablescapes, as well as extras for the youngsters.
- The United States’ birthday is a summer celebration. Celebrate the season with a beach-themed pool party. Paper palm trees, beach ball garlands, and plastic pineapples can be found at your local party store or online… It’s best if it’s as colorful as possible. For easy amusement, add some floating inflatable flamingos to your pool. To add a splash of color, greet your guests with colorful leis.
DELICIOUS POOL PARTY FOOD
Remember to keep it simple for stress-free summer entertaining. Serve barbecue chicken and corn on the cob to the gathering as a portion of traditional picnic food. Ask your guests to bring a summer side dish, so you can focus on grilling some all-American hot dogs and burgers. Make it extra special by serving it with a toppings bar that includes onions, relish, lettuce, bacon, jalapenos, and tomato.
Watermelon slices, fruity kid-favorite ice pops, or an ice cream sundae bar will keep your guests cool. If you’re feeling extra creative, make a magnificent flag cake for our sweet land of liberty using a basic sheet cake with strawberry stripes and blueberry stars.
INDEPENDENCE DAY IS CELEBRATED WITH A TOAST
Take a break from the heat with some cool summer drinks. Serve pitchers of icy lemonade (vodka on the side for spiked adult beverages). Salute the flag with blueberries and strawberries added to a pitcher of white sangria for a lively and colorful toast to Freedom specialty drink.
Guests will be thirsty due to the sun, swimming, and other fun activities. To keep everyone happy and hydrated, provide plenty of bottled water.
Allow guests to assist themselves to canned Coke, beer, and other beverages from ice-filled coolers, making your work easier. Have a recycling container on-site with correct labeling for guests to dispose of their cans, helping to keep our country clean from coast to coast!
LOTS OF GAMES AND FUN
Keep the party going with fun pool party activities for kids like Marco Polo, a perennial favorite. Pool noodles and beach balls are wonderful pool toys to have on hand. Pool basketball or a turtle egg dive game will keep the kids entertained, while pool rafts and floating drink holders will keep the adults happy.
Play a game like cornhole or horseshoes to take a break from swimming. Because not every visitor will want to participate in the pool section of the party, none of the pool games is ideal.
Add a stylish selfie station to your pool party, which is essentially a picture booth without the walls. Free downloadable picture props with a patriotic theme, such as the Statue of Liberty crown and torch and an Uncle Sam top hat, may be found online. The guests will have a blast sharing images of your spectacular pool party. Add some sparklers for a festive touch!
All the details are taken care of by the considerate pool party host. Extra beach towels, sunscreen, and insect spray, if needed, will be appreciated by your guests. Spend a little more on a pair of inexpensive, colorful sunglasses and flip-flops (to match your theme, of course) for poolside comfort—they’ll also make a terrific take-home favor!
MUSIC FOR A PARTY
It wouldn’t be a celebration without some fantastic music. Choose summer classics like the Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffet, down-home country music, or traditional folk music (try Woody Guthrie) or classic anthems with patriotic themes for your pool party playlist.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PUT SAFETY FIRST!
A pool party is a time for having fun and games, but as the host, remember to put your guests’ safety first.
- When there are youngsters in and around the pool, follow these pool safety rules for younger children and always have an alert adult on watch.
- Start by establishing ground rules: no running around the pool, and no swimming without an adult present.
- Swimming and alcohol don’t often mix, so keep an eye on your visitors.
- Don’t let an unfortunate injury mar a fantastic party. Avoid using glass containers near the pool.
- Fireworks are a fun way to celebrate the Fourth of July, but be sure you verify your local regulations and ordinances about private fireworks. Never light fireworks near a swimming pool, as this can cause harm to the pool.
PREPARE YOUR POOL FOR THE BIG DAY
The invites have been sent, the meal has been planned, and the decorations are all set. Get your pool ready for the big day by making sure it’s clean, and the water chemistry is balanced. Set aside an hour or two before the party to sweep and vacuum the pool (or use your automatic pool cleaner) and maintain it clean and gleaming with these recommendations.
What is the most crucial aspect of a memorable pool party? Have a blast! Your 4th of July pool party will undoubtedly be a memorable occasion.